Friday, February 17, 2006

BUTTS, BLACKOUTS, BAD THEATRE & BUTTLE

I've started rehearsal for "The Mikado" now. Of course, because I'm still doing "Dial M..." , and "Mikado" is a semi-pro production rehearsing from 2-5 & 6:30-9:30, I can only be at rehearsal on Monday, Tuesday, Saturday morning & Sunday morning. Interesting, since I'm also the assistant director on "Mikado". None the less, I get the rehearsal reports from Connor (I'm living with he and his family.....very old photo in the link....he's 17 now, a foot taller and an octave lower). Connor tells me that at last night's rehearsal, they were working on the opening number, in which all the men have fans. At one point, they are to stick the fans in their sashes, but since they're not in costume yet, Connor just stuck his in his back pocket. Well, bamboo IS one of the strongest materials on the planet, and a rather large sliver made it's was through his jeans and his boxers, directly into his ass! He had to excuse himself to the washroom and managed to get it out without calling anyone in to help.

In our matinee yesterday, we took an impromptu intermission due to a freak power surge that shut the show down. The weird thing was that it happened just as we were starting the murder scene as I stick my key in the door and there is a huge thunder clap. It was almost as though it were a real thunder clap 'cause that's when the power went out. The show was up and running again in 10 minutes and we carried on from that spot.

Michael' s show is opening in Barrie tonight, then he'll be coming here to see "Dial M..." with his parents tomorrow. We're all hoping that this crazy, freaky weather doesn't get any worse. At the moment, the driveway where I'm living is like one long curling rink.

And "YAY" for Jeffrey Buttle winning us another medal!

No comments: