Friday, January 06, 2006

SLEEPING LIKE THE DEAD

Oh this house sleeps so well. It’s so quiet here. I wonder if it will be that way in the summer too, or if I’ll be thrown out of bed by the first explosion of the bird-bangers in the vineyards at six a.m. We’ll see. For now, I indulge in the fact that it’s almost ten a.m. and I’m just having my first cup of coffee. LUXURY !!!!

I have decided that I will make a trip out into the world today. I’m feeling that since most everything thing is open again, there are some things that I could get done without putting myself through too much stress. I will not, however, be going to the gym. I think I’ll leave that until my lower back has recovered a little more from all the box shifting and heavy lifting.
So, taking stock of what I did yesterday, I see that the dining/music room has been cleared of boxes and odd furniture and that the CD player is set up. The back hall closet is re-organized with shelving units to handle all our various household gack. The storage shelves in the office have been put together and several of the boxes emptied on to them. And the upstairs bathroom now has all it’s towels and toiletries filed into drawers and cupboards.

I was thinking about how nice it would be to watch TV last night. This is one of the reasons that I decided to suspend our satellite service for awhile. At many points, it would have been so easy to just turn on the tube and vegetate. Problem is, before you know it, an hour has gone by and you’re still channel surfing, hoping, in vain, that something interesting will pop up out of the 300 channels you have to choose from. I have decided that TV is the electronic version of a psychic vampire; all it ever does is take from you, it rarely gives you anything back. I’m hoping I can wean myself from it’s clutches.

No comments: