Friday, January 06, 2006

A RANT - THE CASH GRAB

I can’t believe that Canada Post wants me to pay $30.00 to have my mail re-directed. Not only that, but there was a time when ‘change of address’ cards didn’t require stamps. So now, they would like you to pay twice. Really, how hard can it be? Haven’t postal codes made it ‘computer simple’? Where does this $30.00 go and how did they arrive at that amount as a fee? Can you introduce me to the person who gets paid that money? Because I’d like them to explain to my what the process is and how it’s costs breakdown. Much like the $55.00 we’re paying for the priviledge of having Bell connect our telephone. Again, who gets that money? Or is it one of those modern anomalies called an “administration fee”, which is just corporate speak for CASH GRAB. As far as I know, administration means data entry and information filing, right? So maybe there would already be people on staff who’s job it is to take care of such things, which would mean they’re already getting paid. So, what….do they get a bonus every time someone changes address?

1 comment:

Jason Chesworth said...

"Or is it one of those modern anomalies called an “administration fee”, which is just corporate speak for CASH GRAB."

More specifically, I think it's called "crown" corporation speak for, GOT YOU BY THE SHORT AND CURLIES.