Monday, March 21, 2011

MEDIA AND MOVING

The cameras may not be flashing any longer and the endless rounds of television crews may not be stalking the hallways every day, but the ripple-effect from our opening is still reverberating through Singapore. Response to the show has been phenomenal and tickets, I hear, are selling like mad.

And our presence on the streets of Singapore has definitely increased!

I had had yet another reminder of the fact that "we're not in Kansas anymore" when I did a radio interview the other day with Gugwana, Andrew and Wen....for a Chinese station! It was mind-boggling (particularly because it was early morning) to try and keep up as our hosts (and Wen) switched effortlessly back and forth between Mandarin and English.

Also, video footage from media is surfacing so I can finally show you clips of our actual cast rather than recycled footage from Broadway or London.

Here's a hybrid clip from a local blogger that was invited to media day. There are other photos and clips on the site too if you want to visit....www.superadrianme.com



And here's a 'behind-the-scenes' piece from AseanTV




And here's a clip of what has to be, still, one of my favourite numbers in the show, "Shadowland". The way Puleng tears her heart open in every performance of this number never stops inspiring me. Perhaps not the greatest videography you've ever seen, but the soul and passion of the number come across even in this medium.




And, at last, I have a home here in Singapore. Yup, no more luxury hotels for us. We have finally moved into our (serviced) apartments though I am still facing another (small) move. There weren't enough one-bedrooms available on our move day so I have been living in a beautifully spacious two-bedroom. The plan is to move me on March 22. It will be my fifth move in three months. Aaargh!
The staff here has been incredibly helpful and friendly and made a big fuss over us on our arrival day. Makes one feel welcome. Once I move into my 'actual' apartment, I'll create a video tour of the place. Given the size of the one-bedrooms, the total running time of the clip should be about thirty seconds.

2 comments:

amy said...

Oh Patrick we miss you!! It all looks so magical as you share this amazing journey with us here. Looking forward to when you can send us a clip of your performance.
Until then, know we are all applauding you and enjoying all the stories and clips you share with us.
Big Hug to you from Canada...the Zees team

SUPERADRIANME said...

Thanks for the shoutout for SUPERADRIANME.com.

Yes we really enjoyed the Lion King here in Singapore.