Thursday, June 27, 2013

THE JUNK IN MY (MISSING) TRUNK

Tulsa, OK....the saga continues...

Since our Company Manager is still unwell, our new Assistant Company Manager, Emily, agrees to take me to (finally) pick up my trunk. This involves two stops:1) US Customs & Border Protection to have it cleared, 2) Forward Air, the actually transport company.

So this morning, before rehearsal, off we go to the CBP office near the airport. I hand in my paperwork, explain the situation and then, we wait. At one point, an officer sticks his head through the door and asks, and I quote, "What's in this shit?". I explain that it's personal belongings and give him a copy of the packing list. He disappears. We wait. Eventually, he hands the paperwork back and says that the trunk is cleared and we can go pick it up from Forward Air.

We arrive at the Forward Air warehouse, hand over the paperwork to the lady who says, "Oh yes, is this the Hazmat?". I explain that it's personal belongings. She points to a skid of blue cylinders wrapped in shrink-wrap and says, "That's what this I.D. number matches. Looks like they sent us the wrong cargo." We begin to understand why the CBP officer may have been slightly confused.

Thankfully, Emily is with me and she begins to take charge since she has more background information than I. Phone calls are made, phone calls come in, messages are sent and received. We are eventually told that no one knows where the trunk is but that all of their facilities have video monitoring so they will now have to go through the recording archive to find the trunk and see where it went. No one know just how long this will take, so we leave.

I am remarkably calm through this entire episode. Surprisingly calm, though suddenly feeling the need for a big fuckin' drink. 

And so, we wait.

The original request still stands...if you happen to see 6 pairs of shoes, 2 pairs of boots, 1 box of resume photos, 1 box of desk supplies, 1 ceramic mug, 1 coffee pot, 1 electric kettle, 1 clothes iron, 3 boxes of contact lenses, 1 ceramic kitchen knife, 2 outdoor jackets, 2 dinner jackets, 1 raincoat, 1 yoga mat, 4 scarves, 2 sweaters, 12 t-shirts, 2 pairs of shorts, 3 pairs of pants and a collapsible laundry hamper...they're mine. 

Oh, and, for the record, I will lose my shit if this doesn't get sorted soon.

No comments: