Sunday, June 26, 2011

COMPOUND SCARS

We recently had a rehearsal called for Scar & Simba and all the Scar/Simba covers so that all the various possible combinations of Scars & Simbas could have a chance to finesse the fight and flying choreography together. Since the rehearsal was in full costume, we were all seeing double.

And then, moments later, the once-in-a-lifetime opportunity of seeing triple !

Introducing, The Scarlettes...

Lyall, Me, James
I feel just like Diana Ross

And speaking of Diana Ross,....Anuar, our dresser, decided, in his quiet, Malay way, to contribute to the daily back-stage antics that keep us all entertained.
He prefers the early, small-hair version of Diana.


I already did a blog post about Tim & I sneaking in to the run-thru for 2nd covers so that I could watch Lyall's Scar. Here he is before that run-thru, looking remarkably like, well, ..... me.

And just for the sake of comparison...













































And while we're having a Scar-fest,...

Loving myself



The company thinks it's HILARIOUS when I put my reading glasses on.


Back in the days of the rehearsal hall


Scar, Simba, Mufasa
Family portrait.
One of these things is not like the others.


And, still on a Scar-ish theme, here is an article from the most recent issue of Sands Style Magazine. The last time I mailed one of these thick, glossy volumes to Canada, the postage was only slightly less than the cost of Fifth Avenue face lift. Hence, my decision to simply scan and post the article here. You should be able to click on the images to enlarge them and read the article.

1 comment:

Violet Lee said...

Hey Mr Brown,

Im a films and media student from singapore and I really loved your performance and i think you did an amazing job! :) Hope to be able to catch you in more plays next time!