Friday, April 29, 2011

FIRST VISITORS

A couple of milestones passed in the past week.

My first set of visitors have arrived, Esther & Linda, my mom and her sister. I got them tickets to the Sunday night show since, though the audience can sometimes be mushy, the cast can smell the day off just around the corner and usually pulls out all the stops for the last show of the week. The ladies, of course, loved the show and hooted and cheered appropriately. (Or inappropriately, depending on your point of view)

As my schedule to play tour guide is a little bit limited, and the heat and humidity can be wearing on those who aren't used to it, we've been having some short but intense outings together. A ride on The Singapore Flyer, shopping excursions to Little India and The Arab Quarter, lunches, dinners and even a little time by my pool with a bottle of pink champagne.





Another milestone for this past week was having our, one-hundred-thousandth ticket-holder see the show last night.

I'm going to assume that having 100,000 people see the show in 50-some performances is a good thing.




I decided that since the Internet is full of videos about putting on the complex Lion King make up, I would do a video showing the slightly less complex, though equally tedious process of taking it off after every show.




Oh, and P.S.....
Am I the only one that really doesn't give a rat's ass about the royal wedding?
Zasu (or as we call him, Tata Zaza) seemed fairly excited to be invited...even bought a new hat.

1 comment:

Penelope said...

Say HELLO to Esther for me! Hope she's having a great time shopping and eating and tanning and seeing TLK. Love the blog, BTW.

Penelope
Oliver Community Arts Council
http://oliverartscouncil.org